Monday, October 21, 2013

About iCan2


iCan2. Say it out loud. “I. Can. Too.”  This blog is not only to encourage and promote the idea of Accessibility features and all technology in the classroom for that matter, but also to explain and highlight the “why” of Accessibility Features, from a Special Educator’s perspective.
 I have recently been introduced to this gold mine of a technology tool in “present day” Special Education. Simply stating, Accessibility features make it easier for people with disabilities to navigate the world in their own way, at their own ability, through the use of iPads, iPods and MacBook computers. The meaning behind “iCan2” gives way to the idea that people with disabilities can participate to the fullest and have access to the same opportunities and experiences as someone without a disability.
Follow my blog as I share with you resources and emotions about discovering everything technology has to offer Special Education! 

4 comments:

  1. I love the title of your blog, and I cannot wait to learn from you! You are an inspiration for many teachers and your DLP students are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon for getting me started! You are an amazing teacher!

      Delete
  2. Very exciting! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete